Wine pairings don’t need to be stuffy, embrace your sweet tooth as Selena shares her favourite pairings! Let’s face it, we all know when you get trick-or-treaters it’s the old, ‘one for you – two for me’ trick going on, and we think that’s okay!
- Reversanti Prosecco & Rockets: this Italian bubbly is made in an off-dry style with a kiss of sweetness so it’s perfect for pairing with candy. The sweetness balances the chalky quality of the candy, and the fruity flavours in both match one another beautifully!
- Schloss Schonborn Dry Riesling & Sweet Tarts: just like Sweet Tarts, this Riesling has vibrant acidity and a lovely, crisp fruity quality. Both flavours are quite intense, but that makes it a snappy pairing!
- Kulina Gewurztraminer & Fuzzy Peaches: this unique, bone-dry Gewurtz is so much fun to pair with candy. Its intense aromas of peach, pear and lychee make it versatile and outrageously pleasing on the palate when accompanied with fuzzy peaches (or other gummy candies).
- Domaine de Bel Air Les Granits Bleus Gamay & Chocolate Covered Almonds: the unique soil the vines grow on lend a lovely fruitiness and minerality to the wine. Stunning on it’s own, but magical when paired with the nuttiness of the almonds.
- Castelforte Corvina & Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: paired together to mimic the beloved union of peanut butter and jam! The Corvina packs ripe, red fruits while the Reese’s offers the nuttiness, all happily underlined with a rich chocolate finish – divine!
- Assembly Old Vine Zinfandel & BBQ Chips: a never-fail favourite! Opulent Zinfandel fruit meets the spice and salt of chips for a pairing you’ll enjoy over, and over again!
- Zagara Moscato d’Asti & Starbursts: matching sweetness in food to sweetness in wine can result in some blissful marriages, this is no exception! Truly decadent, the dessert of wine and Halloween candy pairings!
Share your favourite pairings with us on social media – @vinestylesyyc!